22nd Annual Alexandria Holiday Boat Parade of Lights
The Old Town North Alliance will present a family friendly event on the North Waterfront from 2:00-7:00 p.m. on December 3. Festivities in Oronoco Bay Park (100 Madison St.) and at Canal Center (44 Canal Center Plaza) will include music, artist vendors, food and drink options, interactive demonstrations and children’s activities. Guests will have the opportunity to view boats arriving in Alexandria for parade assembly starting at 4:30 p.m. and getting into parade formation around 5:00 p.m.
PURCHASE FOOD AND DRINK
- Mom’s Sweet Potato Pie
- Ana’s Twist
- Pickles and Cures
- Buddin Bakery
- TAL Coffee
- BDOT Breakfast
- Farm Kettle Corn
- More announcements coming soon…
PLAY GAMES and EXERCISE
- Pickleball demo
- Lawn games
LISTEN TO MUSIC
- The Alexandria Singers, a premier Pops Chorus will sing four sets from 3 to 5 pm —
SEE AND BUY FROM ARTISTS
- Dozens of artists will have tables on Canal Center Plaza displaying and selling arts and crafts
DECORATE A GINGERBREAD HOUSE with “upcycled” Halloween candy.
- Presented by UpCycle Creative Reuse Center. Advance tickets required (price includes parking at Canal Center). You can also donate your leftover Halloween candy to UpCycle for this event.
>> For tickets and information: https://www.upcyclecrc.org/events.html.
- Parking will be available at Canal Center and at the parking garage at 1033 N. Fairfax Street; each garage will charge $5 per car to ensure an attendant is available during weekend hours.
Best viewing areas along the Potomac River are:
- Oronoco Bay Park (Pendleton to Madison)
- Rivergate Park (Madison to Montgomery)
- Canal Center Esplanade (Montgomery to Canal Center Plaza)
- Tidelock Park (north of Canal Center)