Old Town North is a mixed use community of townhouse, condominium, and apartment projects supported by service and retail businesses, and beautified by several large parks, pedestrian and bicycle paths and vistas to the Potomac Riverfront. The community includes North of Oronoco Street to Alexandria’s northern boundary.
The Old Town North Community Partnership seeks to encourage the blend of residential and businesses uses in Old Town North, and make improvements in the area’s quality of life through a partnership of residents and businesses working together on common goals.
- Improve Old Town North’s vital qualities and attractiveness to make it a better place to live and to operate a business
- Strengthen Old Town North’s linkage with the Old and Historic Alexandria District, the waterfront, and the George Washington Memorial Parkway
- Provide leadership for the accomplishment of community improvement projects and implementation of urban design goals
- Deliver the organizational means for expressing community needs and desires to City government decision-makers
- Cooperate with other organizations and groups throughout Alexandria who are also seeking community-wide improvements
- Educate on the benefits of mixed use development
Board Of Directors
Margaret Townsend is the owner and director of the River’s Edge Yoga located in Old Town North the Executive Director of Yogis For Positive Change and the Founder and Chairperson of Virginia Yoga and Wellness Week.
Vice President and Treasurer
Bruce is a businessman in Old Town North and has acted as Treasurer for OTNCP for the last ten years.
Elizabeth Frommer is a resident of Old Town North and works here as well.
With more than 24 years of experience in the interior design, retail, and food service industries, Ms. Tamburro brings a unique perspective to each project having worked as an interior designer, store manager, showroom assistant, shop clerk, waitress, hostess, and educator to better serve her hospitality and residential interior design clients… read more
Johanna is a resident of Old Town North.
Ron Taylor is the owner of Wheel Nuts Bike Shop established in 1999. He is an avid cyclist, bike commuter and triathlete who has completed 3 Iron Man distance races in his career. Wheel Nuts is a full service shop serving the casual cyclist, commuter or competitive racer. They sell a wide variety of parts and accessories and the service center performs tune ups and repairs on all make and model bicycles. The shop also rents bikes for all ages, child trailers and car racks. For competitors, Wheel Nuts rents race wheels, wetsuits and travel cases. This award winning shop has been recognized as City Of Alexandria’s Eco Friendly Business of the Year, Washington Check Book Magazine Top Five Service & Value Shop in the Metro DC area and featured on Comcast Network’s Best of The City program.