OLD TOWN NORTH CANAL DISTRICT · MONTGOMERY PARK PARKING LOT
901 North Royal Street
Hours: Thursday, 4:00-8:00pm
Did you know... Locally owned retailers, such as farmers markets return more than three times as much of their sales to the local economy compared to chain competitors.
Welcome to the Thursday Old Town Community Market,
Alexandria’s Favorite Dog - Friendly Market.
Hoping that all had a safe and happy Labor Day Holiday.
We send condolences and thoughts and prayers to Ana of Ana’s Twist who lost her mother last week. Ana and her family arrived in Ecuador in time to say goodbye. Ana will be staying with her family in Ecuador to help her father and brother during this time of grief. We hope to see her back at the market in late September, early October.
- Chris and Heather of Harmony Hill Farm are on parent duty this week but will be back with us weekly starting next week, September 12th.
- Amy of from Politics to Pastry has a new delight in honor of back to school and of childhood. New addition for this week is Triple Stuffed Amy-Os, my all-homemade black cocoa and vanilla creme sandwich cookies. A special splurge for back-to-school for sure. And made with Harmony Hill eggs!
- Ivana of Maillard Therapy brings us Apple turnovers, Pumpkin Nut bread, Peach Turnovers, Savory Potato Turnovers, Orange Zest Sponge Tea Cake, Shortbread Mango & Dark Chocolate Cookies. Orange Zest Tea Cake & Pumpkin Nut Bread are made with Harmony Hill farm eggs.
- We welcome new vendor Christopher of Vía Volcán. Vía Volcán coffee is produced on our family farm in Panama through careful cultivation of top quality Arabica trees in ideal soil, altitude, and micro-climate conditions.
- We send Happy Birthday Greetings to Amber of Kochany Wellness.
Vía Volcán coffee is produced on our family farm in Panama through careful cultivation of top quality Arabica trees in ideal soil, altitude, and micro-climate conditions. The coffee beans are selectively harvested by hand, sun-dried, and sent to our micro-roastery in northern Virginia for careful roasting in small batches to bring out an exquisite flavor profile.
IN THE COMMUNITY
- Food Trucks at the Market!
We look forward to welcoming Brunched Around The World to the Market on September 19, 2019
- September is National Yoga Month
In Celebration of Yoga Month River's Edge Yoga hosts a Karma Class to benefit The Carpenter’s Shelter. Friday, September 21st. 6:30-7:45pm
- Join our friends at Ivy Hill Cemetery for the First of their Fall Events - September 21, 2019. Michael Jons Mind Reader and Psychic Entertainer...Not quite sure what may happen when we attempt to contact the spirit world but... They promise a spooky good time. Further details coming soon. Many thanks to the Ivy Hill Historical Preservation Society for their support of The Taste of Old Town North Music Jam! Ivy Hill Cemetery, 2823 King Street, 703-549-7413. info@IHCHPS.org
- A Taste of Old Town North
September 19, 2019 | 4:00-8:00pm. A Celebration of Old Town North, Past, Present and Future. Shop the Thursday Market, sample delicious food from local restaurants and listen to great music! Free Event!
“The Old Town North Alliance is delighted to be a sponsor of this crowd-pleasing event that highlights the variety of eateries in Old Town North and opportunities for recreation and wellness," said Agnès Artemel, President of the Old Town North Alliance. “The Taste of Old Town North brings together the best of our vibrant neighborhood."
- Congratulations to our friends at Row House for a successful soft open in August. The Grand Opening is scheduled for September 22, 2019. Details coming soon.